Western Union allows transferring money from Myanmar to friends and family around the world (over 200 countries and territories). It also allows Receivers (beneficiaries) to pick up cash at nearby agent locations with the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and a government-issued ID.
Features & Benefits
Transfer and Receive Money in minutes
Safe & Secure
Fund transferred are processed by globally recognized financial institutions
Does not need to have a bank account. Western Union has a presence in over 200 countries. Both inbound and outbound Western Union transfers can be initiated and received at any Yoma Bank branch.
Rates and Fees
- 25 USD per or 32,000 MMK per transaction
- A Valid Identification of the sender
- Transferred Amount
- Country of origin
- Receiver name as per ID (or) Passport documents
- Receiver’s Identification
- MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
- Sender Name
- Receiver Name
- Sending Country
- Transfer Time - Within minutes (It may vary based on Agent Location hours, differences in time zones, and policy of the receiving countries)
- Foreign Exchange Rate - Determined by Western Union’s system auto-calculation. WU’s FX rate may change from time to time.