Yoma Bank is here for you
1 Min Read
At Yoma Bank we wanted to take a small moment of your time to talk to you about the evolving Corona Virus Global Pandemic and to reassure we are here for you.
It is an unprecedented situation that we are all facing with great uncertainty. Over the last few weeks, we have been working hard to ensure we are taking critical steps to support you, our customers and our employees through the developing situation.
We felt it important that you know what we have done to date to prepare….
Supporting our Customers is critical
Supporting all of our customers is a priority.
At Yoma Bank our purpose is to ‘Build a Better Myanmar for its People’, this means that when we need to be there for you in the good times and the bad times. It also means we must strive to help you navigate the uncertainty of the future, giving you the benefit of our advice and insight.
What this means at a practical level is;
- A safe environment in which to do your banking. Our teams in the branches will be taking temperatures of all staff and customers as a preventative measure. Our staff will wear masks as a way of protecting both you and them.
- That our Branches, ATMs and Digital Channels remain open and operational. We have developed a Business Continuity Plan to ensure that this continues as the situation develops
- Where you are having cashflow difficulties or you need to make emergency payments our bankers are available to help you and can explore ways of deferring principal repayments to ease the burden
- We will continue to offer preventive health advice to our customers, we encourage you to practice “social distancing”, or those who are not feeling well, to consider using our digital banking services.
- We will keep you informed sharing updates and announcements on our website at www.yomabank.com and our social media pages.
We are also supporting our People so they can support you
In all the decisions that we make, the safety and well-being of our people that serve you is at the centre of our decision-making process. It is critical that they are ready and prepared to help you our customers at any time.
This means supporting them by;
- Practicing strong personal hygiene disciplines – All our employees are encouraged to carefully wash their hands throughout the day, avoid touching face, avoid large crowds, practice social distancing and staying home if they are not feeling well.
- We are providing fully paid leave for any sick staff, in addition we are also reimbursing the cost of seeing a doctor if that is necessary
- We have ceased large gatherings within the Bank premises and are minimizing our employees’ face-to-face meetings to protect both you and them. We are also providing all our staff with new ways of working such as teleconference and video conference access.
- We are regularly disinfecting frequently used areas within the bank premises to ensure that the working environment is safe
- We have asked all our vulnerable and high risk employees to stay home without fearing for their employment.
- We are also providing all our Employees who are in need for with additional support.
Together we will get through these challenges
Yoma means Mountain Range, a symbol of strength, foundation and stability. At Yoma Bank we are here to be your support through these challenging times. We believe that as the Responsible Bank we must stand with you and help you navigate the uncertainty of the situation. It is important to us that we do this together and as the situation evolves we look at how we can help. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our staff or bankers to discuss your situation at any time.
The Leadership Team at Yoma Bank